Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

physical customization of the Apc40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

physical customization of the Apc40

Post by chestrockwell on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:02 pm

I just bought the APC40 and a new macbook pro this past October and I love it! I have been checking out forums on ableton and the APC40, trying to find out more and more about this great controller. In scouring the internet I have stumbled upon a few pics of physical alterations that people have made to their APC40's such as wooden wings instead of the standard black rubber wings, one with a total white washed paint job, and AKAI has even rereleased the controller in a in a limited edition 'novation' blue finish. I want to alter my own APC40 to give it that personal custom feel. I want to bring some shine to it with some silver or gold metal components. I'm thinking aluminum faders instead of the standard black faders and the same with the knobs. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on where to acquire these pieces, if any other AKAI products that have metal faders and knobs that would fit the APC40 or if anyone has attempted such modifications. Pics and links would be awesome, thanks. _chestrockwell
chestrockwell

Back to top Go down

Customization

Post by S4racen on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:25 am

Have you looked at the Chroma caps in the DJ Techtools webstore? Good place to start....

If you find something cool come back and let us know, would be good to get some decent links for people who want to do the same!

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top