Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

General questions and intoduction.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General questions and intoduction.

Post by evolakim on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:38 pm

What's up everyone?
I am a long time Live user. I produce electronic and guitar based music w/ it. Also, lots of vocals. Personally, I think Ableton is the most wonderful thing man-kind has ever conceived. I use it everyday and i couldn't imagine life w/o it. That said I have a few questions.

I've had my Launchpad for awhile and have customized it to fit my Live playing style perfectly. It was sufficient for a long time. But, I have recently purchased a shiny new APC40 and I don't know how I evr managed w/o it! It's amazing! So basically, I was hoping some of my fellow musicians could post their set-ups using both APC40 and LP. How do you have them configured? Effects, Racks, etc. Just curious really.

Also, I am still using Live 7. I was wondering if upgrading to Live 8 is REALLY worth it. I realize that I'll need to upgrade eventually but as I am pretty satisfied riht now, I was wondering if the benefits are that crucial! What does 8 have that 7 does not?

Thanks for your input.

evolakim

Back to top Go down

Re: General questions and intoduction.

Post by S4racen on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:47 am

Hi There,

8 is well worth it if you ask me, but then i'm a bit of an ABleton fanboy.... I haven't had any problems with it even with a very heavy use of Max4live in my templates...

Like yourself i'm now rocking both with the launchpad being programmed to effect the master track along with additional layers of control for the APC40 which i've hacked to the nth degree to give me all sorts of effects and controls.....

You can see what i've done at http://thestudiosessions.co.uk but there's also the work of hanz_petrov in the control surface world, WillJMarshall over at Abletonlivedj.com and Rishi has made some bad ass presets for the launchpad and tractor if you're on a mac....

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post by evolakim on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:19 pm

4racen. Thanks for the reply. I'm definitely going to get 8. I've been using Live for years and I believe it's the greatest thing man-kind has ever conceived!
Thanks for the links. I'll go check em' out and see how you're utilising these dope instruments

evolakim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top