Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Where/how did you guys learn Ableton?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where/how did you guys learn Ableton?

Post by Jasonf on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking into purchasing the APC40, but Im somewhat intimidated by Ableton. So I guess my question is pretty simple... how did you go about learning the software? Just buying it and digging in, or just through online tutorials, or what? I've watched countless videos on the apc40 and ableton, but most seem too advanced. I'm looking for something to give me a strong base of knowledge that I can build off... just because thats how I learn best.

This is my first day on this forum, and I know there's always the new guys who make a post that asks too broad of questions... hopefully im not COMPLETELY being that guy. Maybe soon Ill know enough so I can start contributing to this forum, but for now I'm a learner. Thanks to anyone who replies.

Jasonf

Back to top Go down

Re: Where/how did you guys learn Ableton?

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:09 am

Hi mate and welcome aboard.

I can guarantee that everyone on this site will have gone through the same learning curve with Ableton. I dont class myself as an expert, but I know what I need to know. I purchased a book called Ableton Live Power and slowly worked myself through that. I also downloaded a few Ableton lessons from torrent sites and used lots of 'how to' videos on youtube (these are probably one of the biggest helps) Finally, forums are a big help. Ask lots and lots of questions, not matter how stupid they may sound. This forum, www.ableton.com and www.abletonlivedj.com.

You will be suprised how easy everything is once you get your head around it and it just clicks. I have used cubase and reason in the past and find Ableton far easier.

What is it you are going to use Ableton for? Producing or DJing?
Admin
Admin

http://apc40.nice-forums.net

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:26 am

Hi there,

The forums above..... Without doubt, plus the help on this one!

I'd do every tutorial but hit youtube up for guides on warping to start off with, theres plenty out there....

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasonf on Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:01 pm

I guess i'll be using Ableton for DJing.

I found some pretty good lessons in the trial version of ableton I have, which was nice. I haven't had enough time to really dig into any of the forums, but i think im ready to put some time into this. I might try a book or some more online lessons.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction... looks like I have a lot of reading to do.

Jasonf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirk Bigler on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:14 pm

Feel free to ask any questions.
Dirk Bigler
APC40 user

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top